Monday, April 25, 2011

Tales of having a Thrift Booth

This will be a new edition to my blog. I signed a month to month contract on Friday for a cute little booth at a place called "The Curiosity Shoppe", located here in Brandon, Florida. They are just opening up and only have about 1/4 of the booths rented. I have always wanted to do this, so why am I fretting over it now?

Questions to ponder: (I always overthink.)

1. Will this take the joy out of thrifting?
2. Will I be able to get rid of every item I buy, since I want everything I buy? you know the feeling....
3. Will I be able to make my $100 booth rental without losing money?
4. Will I price items correctly to sell? Not just to take up booth space.
5. Will larger items like furniture sell better?

....these are my concerns at the moment. I have boxes in my garge ready for me to start pricing the items. Here are a couple of pictures of my garage at the moment....




I will post some pictures later of my before and after booth. I have lots of ideas stirring....

Wish me luck. Let me know if you also have a booth and any words of wisdom. Thank you.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like you have plenty of stock to keep you going. Good luck with the venture.

Diann said...

I am sending good luck vibes your way! I am looking forward to seeing your booth! I host a "Thrifty Things Friday" linky party each week. I generally have the party up Thursday evening. I would love for your to join! have a great day!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

How exciting!!!! I had a business for about six years and was located in several shops. My liitle tad bit of advice is all about how you display your items...make your booth look like an awesome looking gift shop and it will help you make BIG sales!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sending good vibes your way! I think it would be hard to let go of things you like, but now you have a good excuse to buy more stuff, too!
Tammy

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Thanks for visiting Pandora's Box and your sweet comments! I love your "bracelet holder" in a prior post and I am now on the hunt for a mug rack to copy your clever idea! Good luck in your booth, sounds excting!

very merry vintage style said...

Good luck with your booth--you never know until you try. If you love what you do I'm sure you will succeed!
Mary