Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's about time....

I have started following several blogs and I am required to have a blog to post my thrifting and crafting pictures on. So.....after years of anticipating this.....here I am! Yeaaaa. Now onto the good stuff.

This week has been a week of great thrifting purchases. I headed out Tuesday morning and hit 5 of my fav shops in Tampa. I did not spend more than $50.00 on everything pictured below. I ususally give myself a monthly $100 limit to splurge on my thrifty finds. I will be running out of room soon and my garage is starting to look like a home on hoarders! Pics of that another time.


Before the unbagging.

Shutters that match my house....or for crafting purposes.

3 sets of embroidered pillowcases. I love these.  2 youth size gingham pillowcases.

A vintage aqua runner and a butterfly one. Some floral material and assorted pot holders.

A seahorse head scarf for the beach and a floral one for working in the yard. An Old Navy cap and several hair accessories that had never been worn.

A 3 drawer chippy white cabinet for crafty stuff. A Royal Dalton pink roses saucer (my dogs eat from these), a salt shaker with pretty flowers to use for small hat pins, a cool coaster set with the letter "B" on them and my favorite hot pink color, a red and white stoneware creamer (my kitchen is everything red and yellow), some cute, small salt and pepper shakers to put glitter in, and a retro red and white water pitcher.

A Victoria's Secret burgendy velvet tote bag and a black furry one too. These will be in my pile for adding crafty glitz to.

I am going through a baby phase. Not for me....for future grandbabies. This cute little mushroom cotton  top, adorable red and white polka dot booties and a red gingham childs apron.

This handmade orange pull cart to store books in (saw this idea from another blog I can't think of right now), blocks for crafting, ballerina metal picture, a sequinned fairy wand and a dartboard for hanging messages for my son on. I need to head to WallyWorld this weekend to buy some darts for it.

The handle and tassle on this umbrella that I found is hand carved. See picture below of umbrella. I collect these. I will have to take some pictures of my collections for a later post. 

Umbrella (see above).

A wooden cup holder to spray paint red and hang scissors from. (Saw this idea on a blog also.) A vintage clear storage box with engraved flowers on it. Red fry basket for scrapbook tags and stuff. An Anna Griffin rubberstamp set with ribbons and 3 ink pads. The box is pretty too. An old accountant mini folder. I will use it for scrapbooking and ModPodge it with papers. A red 1960's 45 record holder book and some ribbon trim and a rust velvet ribbon spool.

2 old suitcases, yellow and beige/white. Pretty insides too. A black boho shirt with silver sequins that still
had the tags on it. A black and white historical container with some British castles on it. 2 old wooden hangers to decorate. One has clips on it for belts or ties. A pewter makeup brush wallet and a horse shoe horn.
An alarm clock for my son that does not have my voice yelling. 3 books, 1 on daily meditations, the happy book and a Celtic Wisdom book.

Vintage flower pin and a rosary with the Pope's picture in the middle.

This clock was from a few weeks ago, but I picked it up to move into another room today. I love the details with the cherubs and huge rhinestone. This was a Salvation Army purchase. It was pretty high for thrifting, but would go for up to $100 at an antique store. I paid $23.00.

And I finally found this Underwood typewriter at an antique store in St.Pete a few months back. Just took a picture of it today. I have been looking for one for over a year. Love me some typing. Last timed I could type 88 wpm. NOT on this machine though. :)

Whew! Great finds! Thanks for viewing.

I am off tomorrow to the Scrapbook Expo in Orlando, FL. That will possibly be my spending money for my next week thrifting. Depends on if I receive my income tax return check.

Linking up at "Thrift Share Monday" and "Flea Market finds".
 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you found some really cool stuff! I love the vintage pillowcases; so sweet. And that seahorse scarf is classic. I'm a new blogger, too. I saw your post at Her Library Adventures and headed on over.

I hope you will have a stop by my blog, too. I love dishes and hitting yard sales and thrifts to feed my addiction.
Tammy

Michelle said...

Holy smokes, what GREAT finds! I love the vintage typewriter, the pot holders and 14,000 things to be happy about is one of my FAVORITE books to read! I always have a highlighter in hand when I go at it.

my thrifty closet said...

Hello! Found you at Her library treasures! What a lot of stuff you found, you are a queen thrift shopper! The type writer and suitcase caught my eye. I always remember the joy of having my first follower, so hope I will bring some joy to your day by being your first follower!

love from mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

nadine paduart said...

ofcourse my eye would trail off to those wooden type blocks and the yellow suitcase... i dunno why, it looks CUTE!
what a whole lot of finds!!!
n♥

Barbara said...

What a fabulous load of stuff. Craft supplies and things to makeover are one of my favourite finds but the typewriter is very special. Good find.

Jackie Kirner said...

Wow - nice finds this week! Do you always find this much?
Hey there from a fellow FL blogger!