Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Excellent Week of Thrifty Finds

I had the best thrifting week....even better than last week. I am not sure if I am to load photos of EVERYTHING I bought or just a few at a time.?. Still very new to blogging. The majority of the posts that I see are just a few items. Makes me wonder if I am just a complusive buyer.?. But I swear....every thing I purchase talks to me. I did receive a very nice compliment from the clerk at my fav thrift store the other day, when she said that I had a good eye for vintage pieces. That was so nice of her! That is why it is hard to part with any of my finds...I did manage to start 2 boxes in the garage though.

Here are a few of my favorite treasures from my adventures on Tuesday.

I had to add this picture because of the plate, teapot and red pie crow. I think the crows were featured in Country Living mag a few months ago. I drooled over them then and when I saw this one, it was CHA CHING. Thank you Jesus!

 These 5 medium and 4 small bowls with the label "Vignaud Limoges". Made in France. I LOVE the colors in the pattern. The pretty floral design also. I looked them up on eBay and they have a beautiful gravy boat to match for $65.00, plus s/h. Ouch. I got all these for $9.00. Now about that gravy boat.....

2 gold writing pens. Not real gold though.:(  They are beauties! $1.00 each for the 3 items.  I also picked up the plate and made something out of it about an hour ago. Will post that next.

This handmade baby quilt for $7.00, the fuzzy Easter critters, $1 each, the crocheted hangers and baby ones were a steal  @ .25 cents each...and those pretty luster seashells. I have never seen any like them before and I live an hour from the Florida beaches.

This just speaks to me. I used to collect french clowns in the late 70's. I love the fur around the waistline. This one has a vintage look to it and it is stamped on the bottom.
 This garden fairy figure caught my eye. She is adorable and especially for Spring.
and this necklace...the guy just threw it in for free. It is very classy looking. Imagine with a white tshirt and jeans. Cute!
Help: I need more followers. It would be grately appreciated. I am feeling left out. :(

Well you have yourself a great weekend and don't forget to link up to: http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/2011/04/frugalicious-friday-giveawaythe-vinyl.html  for more "Frugalicious Fridayshare".

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I luv thrift shopping too, just went crazy yesterday! I luv the little fairy and the necklace you found.
I'm a new follower.
Kim @ tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

Thanks for stopping by.. I love your finds expecially the baby quilt.. wow hard to believe someone would give away something that someone took so long to make.

Anonymous said...

wow you did well..love those bowls!

Bonita Rose said...

I am with you, I so so love thrifting!! and re the blk velvet dress on my blog... me fit into a size 5? not even close... I hvn't been that size in years either!! I think my daughter could fit into it though. I bought it not for me to wear, but to sell in my shop! hugs xo bonitarose

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, you did find some pretties! I really like the blue edged plate with the partridge-like bird in the center. And the Limoges dishes...sweet!
Tammy

Crystal in Texas said...

Beautiful finds!

Unknown said...

That China was a GREAT find! Thanks for sharing.

Buffie
http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/

grace said...

I am so envious of your pie crow! I've been looking for one of those for ages!