Thursday, April 21, 2011

The $5.00 Thrifting Challenge

Yesterday I decided to take a drive to Lakeland, which is about a 40 minute drive away from home. They always have better deals over there. I decided to try my $5.00 challenge at two thrift shops. Can you believe I accomplished that?

The first stop was at Salvation Army. I found this hanging tassel for $1.99. It still had the original price tag of $19.99 on it.

The second item I found was this Mary Engelbreit Christmas book. I used to LOVE her style. Still do, but not the cutesy stuff so much anymore. This book was .99 cents.

Total for this shop: $2.98. Love that they do not charge tax.


The second stop was a very small shop, but they always have just a few cute finds. Good thing for my challenge.

This shabby chic metal tray with the roses. I love pink roses. This is a pretty big tray.  I also collect these trays. They are in my garage now on a shelf. This was only $3.00.


This moon and stars mosaic stepping stone. I will use it in my garden. It was $1.50.


Lastly, this big tin with handles. It looks like it was from a pretzel company. It has an Amish scene on the back and cute little Amish man and woman on the sides. This was only $1.00. I might drill some holes in the bottom and use it as a planter to use on the back porch.

So total for this shop was $5.50, but wait....20% off everything. That makes it $4.40! Hurray!

I really enjoyed this challenge.

I will be linking up today to: http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ for "Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.
Check it out....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You found some great stuff on your $5 challenge.
I love the sweet tray with flowers. And that tassel is a beauty!
Tammy

Lyndel said...

oh that tin tray is 'delicious'.. love it♥

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

some great finds and great prices!

Unknown said...

Great finds! I have such a hard time passing up cute trays. You found a great one! Thanks for sharing your goodies. :)