Monday, April 18, 2011

Part 2 of Excellent Finds this past week for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

There were so many good finds this past week that I had to split them up for blog posts. Not so much a good thing when you limit yourself to how much money you will spend. I have started going over. I think I might try something new next week and see what I can find for ONLY $5.00. Might be fun to try.


My favs in this group were the hatbox (which I collect), the green scarf (which I never wear), the shabby chic cream door holder and the rose paper weight.

Here is a close up of the paper weight. I love the quote inside of it. It summed up how I felt this week after theses purchases. :)

All kinds of little goodies. Strawberry drinking glass, rose decanter for dishwashing soap, vintage silver lid jar from Avon ( I had one of these about 20 years ago),bottle with cobalt blue topper, cheese plate, couple of jars, a glass dome to put a cute little birds nest in, a vintage brayer roller, a perfect size wooden file card box to store my scrapbooking tags and ATC's and a cute white embroidered piano picture. Oh and the recipe cards and little plastic tea bag holder.


This photo has a pretty vintage telephone figure with roses on the side of it, the French clown I showed last post, 2 egg cups, the plate, pens and little fairy figure from last post, an adorable bunny coffee mug and a beautiful Queens rose coffee mug.


A pretty robins egg blue pyrex dish. No lid though. I can still use it to serve in.


My fav is this huge, green tin with fancy detailed painted designs on it.  I can use it to store my mini scrapbooks in. I also found these metal candle holders and shelf that match. I thought I would spray them black to match the colors in my bathroom, which are lime green, turquoise, black and white.


More baby clothes for future grandbabies. A cute "Florida Gators" cap, a pink bonnet,a lion jumper for a little boy, a handmade sweater and a cute little pink tutu. I might try that on my dog.


A bunch of picture frames. You can never have enough. I will post on http://www.kootoyoo.com/ "Creative Space Thursday" when she returns at the end of the month, to show you what I do with these.


An embroidered round tablecloth. If you look closer, it has pretty white doves holding the blue banner tie. Some free flowers for crafting.


My daughter LOVES this pretty mod lady walking her pink poodle wall hanging. Her bedroom is black/white and pink.


All these comfy jammies! I found the pants to match the pink French poodle top the week before at the same thrift store. I LOVE the blue snowglobe ones. I can't wear these for long since I live in Florida. I can just turn the air conditioner down, make some hot cocoa, wear these and pretend it is winter.

Well that is it for this weeks thrifty postings. Hope you have lots of fun on your treasure adventures!

Don't forget to link up over at : http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ for "Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays".

P.S. I need some followers....please? Also, a BIG thank you to my new followers.  Thank you so much for your comments also.

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Hi! I'm your newest Follower. Thanks for inviting me over from SomethingCreatedEveryday.blogspot.com. I'm doing a giveaway on my blog so come back for a visit and leave a comment. I also wanted to say that I think the blue Pyrex bowl is my favorite from all of your wonderful finds posted here. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Kitschalicious said...

What great finds! I absolutely love the Pyrex dish and all the glass wares! I collect vintage glass stuff, so I'm in love!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like your idea with the bird cage! I'll definitely keep that in mind if I find another one! :o)

Olive said...

Thanks bunches for visiting me. I also love to thrift and now sell a little bit at a local store. I now have way too much stuff and I have two houses! I am following you♥ olive

Olive said...

Just a suggestion. You may get many more comments if you turn off Word Verification. Blogger catches spam just fine and it usually is not a problem. ♥O

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that poodle wall hanging. My daughter's room is done in pink, black and Paris. AND I have a Standard Poodle service dog.
Here is a link that shows pictures of her room http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/2010/01/savannas-room.html
I'm sure you didn't dig that far back in my blog when you visited.

Love your blog and am your newest follower.
Buffie

Sue said...

What amazing finds you garnered! The tin IS a prize, but I also really like the blue Pyrex dish and the hatbox. I could see that box covered with some amazing fabric or paper. :-)
~ Sue