Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time Flies....

I can't believe the month of May is almost gone. I started off really dedicated to this blog and have gotten just a little too busy. Now for the catch up.  My camera had died and luckily it was still under warrenty. I mailed it in and it was back within 1 week. That is what I call service...and a brand new camera at that. Canon. Remember the name.

Let's see....I have only thrifted once in 3 weeks and I found a WONDERFUL item. See below...

A turquoise typewriter! I have been wanting a pink one too. Now for a closeup....


Ahhhh Oooooooo and it was ONLY $12.50!



 I was cleaning out the garage this past weekend and found this box of craft items that I had picked up at an estate sale a few months back. I forgot it was out there. One can never have too many craft items. The sequins....I just want to roll around in them. :) $3.00 for the entire box. It also had a few Christmas items in it. It  also had this little deck of bird cards below: I guess I am to memorize the bird names (????).


Now for some crafting:
 I made a few of these chicken wire note frames. This one is still in progress. The one I made for my house is made with an old antique frame with lots of details on it. I am having to putty a corner of it where some of the detail fell off. Picture later to come.

                               ....and some decorating.

I ordered the birdcage on the right off of eBay. I've been looking for a metal vintage one for over a year and could not find one to finish this up. I am happy with it. This big blue cabinet is one of my craft supply cabinets. It is happily waiting in part of the living room until my daughter goes away to college next year. Then I will finally make myself a personal craft room. But then again....she will need somewhere to sleep on holidays. Maybe I will put a daybed in there also.

Well that is my update. Hope all of you are having fun in whatever you are doing.
Also....a BIG thank you to my new followers. Yeaaaaa! 

I will be linking up this week with a few of the link parties on the right side of my page. Check them out!

6 comments:

Lynda@CMsThriftyGems said...

Great typewriter! When I do manage to spot one they are at least $50 and don't work!

MeMeSue said...

I had that same typewritter as a teen. I use to be able to type pretty darn good on it too...LOL

Carolyn said...

Love it! I have a very similar one that I've had for years (high school maybe?) and keep wondering what I should do with it. I was going to throw it away! LOL!

Your blog is great -- I've enjoyed it very much! I'm also your newest follower!

my thrifty closet said...

the type writer is beautiful. Does it work? I love those crafty finds too, so pretty.


love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Diann said...

What a great find in that typewriter! It is awesome. and that box of crafting goodies, move over, I would be rolling around in all the sequins too! Thank yourfo joining TTF and I hpe you and your family have a great Memorial day!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I love the turquoise typewriter. Great find and thanks for joining my party.
xo,
Sherry