Thursday, May 5, 2011

Making a Nest....

Here are a few newbies I found a few weeks ago that I have not added yet. These black iron owls were in a bag for $2.00. I figure I can hang them outside on the wood fence and hang flower baskets from them. Owls seem to be all the rage now and these look old.



I found this birdcage at my first stop and it was $5.00. A little high, but it is like $60.00 for a new one like it at Steinmart. It is pretty big too. I have it next to my blue craft cabinet and the colors match well together.


Found a few jewels. The lady said this plastic flower necklace was bakelight, but I don't think so, since it was only $1.00. :)  Still cute and it has PINK flowers!

That is it for this weeks gems. I love looking at yours!

I will be linking up with:

http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/ for "Frugal Friday"

http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/ for "Thrifty Things Friday"

http://apronthriftgirl.typepad.com/apron_thrift_girl/2011/05/thrift-share-monday-may-9.html for
"Thrift Share Monday"

http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/ for "Nifty Thrifty Tuesday"

11 comments:

Diann said...

Oh, I would have snatched up that bird cage in a hot minute for $5.00! They are so pricey new! The owls will look cute on the fence with flowers. And the jewelry was a fun find. thank you for joining TTF. Have a great Mother's Day!

Christie said...

That birdhouse find is awesome...I love that and what a deal too...I know you are thrilled with that....I would have ran with that one fast too lol! ...lovin' the other finds too, the owls will be perfect to hang your hanging basket plants from :)

Your blog is such fun...thanks for leaving me a comment, so that I could come over and meet you...we do have a lot in common it seems :)

Oh and By the way...I love that tole tray that you recently found for $3.00 on a previous post!
Lucky you...
Hoping you have a wonderful weekend...Happy treasure hunting always to you...
Big hugs,
Queenie

Rebecca said...

I love everything you got! I've got some of those owl hangers and the birdcage is cool!

Rebecca said...

I love everything you got! I've got some of those owl hangers and the birdcage is cool!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I'll be mailing the coffee bags out in the morning! patti

Brittany said...

Love those owls!

Anonymous said...

The owls do look vintage. Sweet little necklace!
Tammy

Cheryl said...

I would have bought everything you bought lol Great score!!!

Unknown said...

Those owl hooks are really great. They could be used in so many ways!

my thrifty closet said...

the owl hooks are so pretty! So is the cage...and they are all so thrifty! great finds!

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

T. Emrich said...

ohhh another thrifty hunter..just found your blog and love it! You've gotten some great deals and you are doing wonderful things with them :)
Congrats.