Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thrifty Finds - Vintage

The title amuses me, since these are from January of this year. This being because my camera is broken right now and I recently found some REALLY nice finds that have been on my list for quite awhile that I would love to share, but will have to wait for now.

Anyway....these were from a VERY fun trip too. I will just pinpoint some of my favs...

I found 2 pieces of old luggage on this day. The red one was kind of pricey, but I talked the lady down to $12.00. It is in great condition and the inside is really pretty. The brown one was only $4.00. I had ordered some vintage "Florida" luggage decals and put those all over it. (There is a finished picture of it in my garage picture in one of my "A Photo a Day" pictures.) I also found this sweet lime green vintage clothes hamper. It matches the kids bathroom perfectly! It was only $4.00 at the Salvation Army.  I also bought the gold rimmed glasses. I forgot if it was 4 or 6, but they were only $1.99 for the set.  (It is late at night, not thinking clearly.)

Then I found this WONDERFUL frame. It just needed some love and wood glue. .50 cents! I also fell in love with this red framed mirror. I do not have anywhere to put it, but one day I will. It was only $5.00.  Living in Florida by the beach, you need at least 10 beach bags, right? This pink and orange plastic one was only $1.00. Too cute for the picture.

 I found these old prints at an antique store in N. Florida when I was on a scrapbook camping trip. A vintage tablecloth, other misc. linens and this item that gets the most questions asked about is the old red brick with 3 holes in it. I was buying it and the man asked why I wanted a red brick? It was .25 cents! I knew that I had these tiny candles at home that would fit into the holes and now I use it on my back porch at nighttime. He was so thrilled with that idea, that he ran over and got the last two. lol I should have snagged them. I have it on my list to look at Home Depot and see if they carry them.

Well those are my vintage finds I wanted to share with you.

I will be linking up with:

http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/

http://apronthriftgirl.typepad.com/

http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Nick said...

Classic brick story! Before you know it they will be $10 each and on Oprahs favourite things!

nadine paduart said...

thank you for your story. i love SELLERS who are picturesque indeed. bumped into one this morning, will have to talk about the man on a later date. thoroughly enjoyed that convo too...
hooray for plural beach bags as well...! i'm just trying to imagine the luxury of that (having the beach near, i mean). ;)))
n♥

vivi said...

Creative way to use the brick and kudos to you for inspiring the man!
Love those prints you found too!

Susan said...

What a great idea to use the brick as a candle holder!

my thrifty closet said...

you always never fail to amaze me with your finds! You are a great thrifter I am nowhere near you. Maybe you should consider becoming a reseller. Sorry to hear about your broken camera, coincidently, mine is broken as well;(


love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Hi! You are the winner of the burlap coffee bags at Pandora's Box - email me your addy and I will send them out soon!! Congrats

Dixie said...

My comment was only about the picture you have posted at the top of your blog. I have the exact same green bottle with the pointed top to it. Front row. Do you know anything about it. I got mine from my grandmother.