Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Some Updates....

Can you believe it is June 1st?!?  I have been spending some time getting my booth at "The Curiosity Shop" together. Here are some pics.

Before:


After:

Knock on wood....I have done pretty good. This is my second fill up.  I only buy items that I like and then I won't be out the money if they don't sell.   This is more of a hobby than a money maker for me. It does help support the thrifting bug though for the items I keep. :)

and a little crafting  with my gardening going on...found this wire framed planter for $15.00 at a used furniture store and I saw a vision for it.....

Before:


After:

I added a few plates that I picked up for $4.00 for a  total cost of project $19.00. I love how it came out.




Here are a few extra garden pictures that I took this morning. Everything is just now starting to bloom. Late Spring for us here in Florida.

Well that is all for now on this beautiful day....June 1st.  I have to take my daughter to some appointments today over in St.Petersburg and fortunately, one of them is on "THRIFTING ALLEY"! There must be 8 shops in the area. So....even though she waits in the car while I go in with her deep SIGH...I will hit a few. Do you get the SIGH from your peeps?

I will be linking up with some of the link parties over to the right on my blog. Have a happy week! :)

3 comments:

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Love what you did with the metal planter...it's a perfect way to welcome June and summertime :)
Your booth looks great too...have fun thrifting...
Q~

my thrifty closet said...

your booth looks so exciting. I'm sure you will do well, you have an eye for good stuff. The planter is so pretty!

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Your booth is so cute! Love the planter too. Thank you for joining my party.
xo,
Sherry