Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Thrift Finds

Last week was a very good week for thrifting. :) See below:

I have always wanted one of these Hula lamps and today it was on the back table being priced and I saw it as I was checking out. I asked the owner if it was for sale and he said "Yes, I just brought it in this morning, because I have been working on it to get it dancing again, and now it works. I know these are expensive and I was kind of scared to know how much he wanted for it....$9.95! Can you believe that? Sold! I want to find like a burlap shade and put some fringe on the bottom of it. This is a keeper.



I also found this print. It reminds me of being in a house in the 60's. I looked it up on eBay and it has a sister that goes with it. This one is called "Summer Symphony".


I had never seen one of these before and the cashier told me it was an antique dress measuring ruler. 1/2 off...$3.00. Pretty cool.

These baby Christening dresses I could not leave behind. They were $3.00 each. One of them has the nicest lace all on the front on it.

I also picked up these cute little vintage pictures with Hull vases in them. 1/2 off sale that day....$3.00 for both.

I don't know what is wrong with Blogger, but I am having trouble typing between pictures. I also found another typewriter. $5.00. It sold the first week in my booth at "The Curiousty Shoppe".  I am still looking for my PINK typewriter. That one will be a keeper.

I will be linking up with the link parties on the right side of my blog. Hope you all are having great finds too! Thank you for the comments. I greatly appreciate them. :)

3 comments:

Diann said...

Awesome finds! Love the hula girl lamp. It is just so fun. And that is so great to hear you sold the typewriter so quickly! Isn't it fun when a thrift find sells that quickly! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

I remember that measuring ruler well. My grandmother had one she used often.

Very cool hula lamp!
Tammy

Michelle said...

That typewriter is divine! I also really like the floral metal trays. You found some great stuff. Good job!