Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thrifty Finds - August

I can't believe I have not posted since June.  I could blame it on the weather, the kids being home for Summer, but that did not stop my thrifting. Here are a few pictures of some fun finds I have found. The vintage booth is still doing very well. Enough to pay the rent, plus an extra $75.00 to spend on new items. Pays for my habit. I actually like everything I buy, but the special things I keep. So as I see it, I am breaking even AND having fun.



Look at this CUTE set of darling geese or ducks measuring cups. I have never seen anything like these. This is a keeper.

I saw this chalk sketch print at the Spring thrift store, did not buy it, dreamed about it and then went back the next day to purchase it. It was 1/2 off and only $15.00. A bit pricey for me, but it spoke it me....It is of a lady from the 30's or 40's dressed up with a fancy hat on. It takes a bit to focus in on it.


This vintage beaded handbag was a find. Someone priced it at only $1.99. This was a keeper, as I collect vintage purses.


This item was a big mystery until we opened it. I saw it on eBay for $20.00.  I paid $2.50. Another 1/2 off sale. It is called an "Ingrid" picnic tote. Very mod looking. My daughter kept this one.


And....this adorable vintage Hello Kitty suitcase. It is purrfect inside. :) 



This is enough for now to catch up on. I will post some garden art that I made in my next post. Hope you are having as much fun thrifting as I am!
I am hooking up with Flea Market Finds over at Her Library Adventures
and
Frugal Friday over at The Shabby Nest
Check them out! Fun Finds!


5 comments:

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

So glad to see your booth is doing well! What a sweet little beaded bag and that picnic tote is really very cool.

BeckyKay said...

That picnic case is just too cute!!! and I'm a sucker for anything Hello Kitty!

Jess said...

We had those geese measuring cups growing up. Brings back such happy memories seeing them again.

Laurie said...

Cute -- it looks like you're having a lot of fun with this! Me, too!

Debbiedoos said...

How cute! It is so much fun to thrift..hello kitty is adorable. Have a great weekend.